- KINTULLOCH, a village, in the parish of Dunbarny, county of Perth, 3 miles (S. by E.) from Perth; containing 119 inhabitants. This place takes its name from a Gaelic term signifying "the top of a gentle rising ground or green eminence," on account of its contiguity to a slope near a brook. The lands were granted, under William the Lion, to Hugh Say, an Englishman, whose estate, having descended to Arabella, his sister, passed in part from her by gift, after the death of her husband, Reginald de Warrene, to the monks of Scone in 1249, and finally, after frequently changing proprietors, came into the possession of Mr. Grant, of Kilgraston. The village is situated half a mile south-west of the church, and is chiefly inhabited by cottars, whose tenements are remarkable for the cleanliness of the interior, and for the tasteful manner in which the fronts are ornamented with roses and evergreens. At one extremity of this pleasing spot, is a splendid gateway leading to Kilgraston. There is a school, of which the master has a free house and garden, allowed by the Grant family.
A Topographical dictionary of Scotland. Samuel Lewis. 1856.